Oink oink.. Chulet is sick.
It is so HOT !! and Hazy lately!! Spending a short time in the open air is such a torture. Chulet is suffering from a really bad sore throat and nose block after a short 30-minutes chat outside the office yesterday.
The sore throat got worst after dinner. Nose block was so bad that I had to breath throught my mouth which gets it dry and irritated my throat. Now, Chulet is coughing also. Sigh…
A few advice given to Chulet are such as:
1) Drink more water
(Chulet : OO.. mummy say honey is good… so, all the water I take now is slightly honey-ed)
2) Sipping warm salted water before and after sleep
(Chulet : Hate it but it seems to work really well, especially before sleeping)
3) One dosage of Redoxon effervescent (Concentrated Vitamin C + zinc) every morning
(Chulet : YUMmm… fizzy orangy drink. I like !! can I have more? Will I get oversode?)
4) Stay away from fried / oily / spicy food
(Chulet : Sobb sob.. Do I have to?)
5) No COLD drinks / food
(Chulet : I’ll try ..T_T )
6) Stay in-door
(Chulet : Yay..MC !! MC !!! NO.. Bad Bad.. Chulet.. chulet must go to work. )
7) Supposedly having capsicum juice helps.
(Chulet : Haven’t tried that – not sure if I want to try it)
8) Boil coke with ginger and lemon
(Chulet found that this drink is quite a norm in Hong Kong)
9) Covering face with towel over a bowl of steaming hot water and breath. Helps to clear the block nose after 10 minutes and sooth the throat a little.
(Chulet tried and love this.. felt like a mini-just on the face-spa.. hehehhee)
10) IF you are still suffering after 3 days. PLEASE GO SEE a doctor
(Chulet : NOoooNo.. don’t want !! don’t take me there.. NOOnOOOO )